Halloween may be over but that doesn’t mean the love of horror movies ends here. Coming off of the #100HorrorMoviesIn92Days Challenge, I’m back to work planning for the annual #HorrorMoviesForTheHolidays Challenge.
Similar to the #100HorrorMoviesIn92Days Challenge, the #HorrorMoviesForTheHolidays Challenge will encourage participants to celebrate the season by watching their favorite holiday horror movies!
The guidelines for this challenge are as follows:
- The challenge runs from the Monday prior to Thanksgiving through January 2nd.
- There is no number goal past watching 1 per day. (More is always welcome and encouraged)
- Any Thanksgiving, Hannukah, Christmas, and New Year’s Horror are game.
- Rewatches/Comfort watches are allowed and encouraged.
- In order to count, the films must be 45 minutes or longer.
- Films must be classified as horror by either Letterboxd or IMDb.
- Gateway horror (Scooby Doo, etc) is allowed and does not need to have a horror tag to count.
- This challenge isn’t a dictatorship, if a good case can be made for a film that doesn’t fall under the horror category, it can be brought to the Discord server and discussed among participants for a majority ruling.
- When posting on your social channels, use the hashtag #HorrorMoviesForTheHolidays so participants can all follow along.
- Use the list and tag function on Letterboxd to follow other participants and get movie recommendations.
- Use the tag HorrorMoviesForTheHolidays on both your movie reviews (if you put reviews on Letterboxd) and your list.
- Join the group on our Discord server for encouragement, recommendations, and comradery. (We are active all year as well.)
- Follow SpookySarahSays on Twitter for recommendations, giveaways, screening opportunities, and more.
I can’t wait to see what everyone watches and look forward to a spooky holiday season with y’all!